The Federal Office of Justice is the federal central authority responsible for the implementation of the HC 96. It mainly acts as liaison for the other national central authorities and carries out the task of coordination.
The federal central authority performs the following tasks :
- transmit communications from abroad to the cantonal central authority;
- provide information on Swiss law and child protection services in Switzerland to foreign authorities;
- represent Switzerland before central authorities in other countries;
- advise the cantonal central authorities on these conventions and to ensure their application;
- to promote cooperation between cantonal central authorities, cooperation with experts and institu-tions under art. 3 FA-ACA and with the central authorities of Contracting States.
Last modification 27.04.2021